This is a refreshing, bursting with health smoothie that gets your skin glowing, aids in weight loss and satisfies sweet-tooth cravings. Try it as your morning meal or a healthy snack during a busy day.
It’s loaded with minerals and vitamins C, A and B Complex and contains good amounts of potassium and folic acid. All of this is GREAT for our bodies!
It’s also an amazing anti-oxidant and can help prevent degenerative disease, strengthen the immune system and stimulates white blood cells to help fight off infections.
Cantaloupe also helps plump up and hydrate the skin for a beautiful glow!
Cantaloupe Fruit Smoothie
Ingredients: (makes one serving)
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk or milk of choice
- 1/2 banana (frozen works great!)
- 1/2 cup strawberries
- 1/2 cup cut cantaloupe
- Add 1/4 cup protein powder (optional, but great if making for breakfast or for a substantial snack.)
- Add ice and blend all together.
- Garnish with a strawberry or slice of melon.
What do I look for when buying cantaloupe?
- It should be light tan in color with green lines running through it.
- No dents, gouges, brown or blackish patches.
- It should be firm and heavy feeling, but not rock hard.
- Smell the belly button (where the melon was severed from the stem.) It should smell like cantaloupe, a little sweet and yummy smelling. If there is no smell or a foul smell — put it back!
- If you want to eat/use it right away, it should give at the site of the stem, otherwise it will ripen more over a few days.
Buy organic pre-package fresh cut melon to save time. It’s a little more expensive but can still save $ over buying a smoothie out at a smoothie shop.
Experiment with other fresh seasonal fruits!