This healthy, easy recipe for boneless chicken breasts with fresh tomatoes, basil and arugula will become one of your favorite dishes for friends and family!
Prep time: 15 minutes – – Cook time: Appx. 20 minutes
- 4 Organic, skinless, boneless chicken breasts (about 1.5 to 2 lbs)
- 1/4-1/2 cup thinly sliced packed fresh basil leaves
- 1 lb ripe tomatoes (plum, beefsteak, whatever looks fresh and preferably local) diced into 1/2 inch cubes
- 4-6 cups baby arugula
- 5-6 Tbs. extra-virgin olive oil
- 2.5 Tbs. balsamic vinegar
- 1 clove finely chopped garlic
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
Pat dry the chicken breasts and season with salt and pepper. Heat 2 Tbs oil in large skillet over medium-high heat. When the oil is just shimmering cook chicken on one side for 8-10 minutes (depending on how thick breasts are) until golden-brown then flip and continue to cook on other side another 8-10 minutes, scraping together any brown bits. (Add a little extra olive oil if needed and cook a few minutes longer if needed at a medium heat–always check to make sure chicken is cooked throughly!)
In a medium size bowl combine tomatoes, basil, vinegar, garlic, 3 Tbs oil and about 1/4 tsp salt and pepper (to taste)
Let the chicken cool a few minutes then slice into 2 inch strips (or you can serve the breasts whole, whatever you fancy!)
On a large platter make a bed with the arugula, arrange the chicken on top and spoon on the tomato mixture and drizzle the juice over all.