With Apple Cider Dressing (optional) ~ Serves 4 ~ Prep time: 20 minutes ~ Cook time: 45 mins.
TIP: Go for organic vegetables if you can, they will be so tasty! Feel free to get creative and use more of one vegetable than another, or omit any that you don’t like.
- 2 yams
- 3 large carrots
- 2 golden beets
- 1-2 red beets
- 2 parsnips
- 1 turnip
- 1 small red onion
- 2-3 Tablespoons olive oil
- 2 Tablespoons fresh or dried rosemary
- Sea Salt & pepper to taste
Optional: Make this easy apple-cider vinegar dressing for extra kick and health benefits! It’s easy to whip up while the veggies are cooking.
Apple Cider Dressing Ingredients:
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 Tablespoon Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon dijon mustard
Whisk all together in a bowl until frothy, set aside to toss vegetables with later.
- Preheat oven to 425
- Use one or two cookie sheets (you want the vegetables to have a bit of space in between, not to be too crowded)
- Using a paper towel or clean kitchen cloth, wipe a light coating of oil on the sheets.
- Scrap and chop all vegetables into bite size pieces and put into large mixing bowl.
- Peel and cut red onion into thin slices and toss into the bowl with the veggies.
- Drizzle on 1-2 Tablespoons of the olive oil and gently stir, coating all the veggies and red onion. (You can also get right in there and mix it up with your hands!)
- Toss in the rosemary and sprinkle with sea salt (about 1/2 teaspoon) and a few cracks of black pepper.
- Toss again to coat all.
- Spread evenly in single layer on cookie sheet/s. Don’t “overcrowd” the veggies.
- Place in oven and plan to cook approximately 45 minutes total.[line]
- Set timer for 15 minutes and go in and gently stir the veggies around.
- Set timer again for 15 minutes. Go in and drizzle a little more olive oil on if needed and gently stir again.
- Set that timer one more time for 15 minutes and take out this time. Stir gently and adjust seasonings.
- Pop back in oven a few more minutes if you’d like the veggies a little more done.
Enjoy as is or drizzle on the apple cider vinegar dressing and toss. Either way delicious!