This has got to be the greatest alternative to traditional pasta (especially if you are gluten-free or trying to cut down on carbs) AND so easy to make. The right tool helps and I’ve listed it below.
I discovered “zoodles” a little while back and it has become my go-to quick and easy dinner base or side dish.
Here’s a simple recipe that is quick and delicious:
- 2-3 zucchini (you can use green and yellow squash)
- 1 T olive oil
- 1 T organic grass-fed butter (I like Kerry Gold Pure Irish Butter)
- 1/4 teaspoon each: basil, parsley, tarragon, chives (really any herbs you like or have on hand)
- fresh grated Parmesan (optional, add to taste)
- Pink Himalayan sea salt and fresh cracked pepper to taste
- Make your noodles into a nice large bowl.
- Mix the herbs into softened butter.
- Heat a skillet and add olive oil over medium heat. When hot add the herb-butter and stir around, making sure not to burn butter.
- Add your noodles and toss lightly around the pan, coating them in the herb butter.
- Continue to cook for 2-5 minutes (depending on desired doneness) while you gently stir them around in the skillet.
- When they are cooked give them a sprinkle of sea salt and pepper to taste, and sprinkle with parmesan if you like.
Here’s a quick VIDEO on making Zoodles!